Wednesday, March 11, 2015

RB's motivation: LIVE NOTEPAD LIVE C'MON

Okay so I did this beautiful test run of the final mock up of the headpiece, drapery, and wig coloration. Because at Daisho the main pieces here, went crumbling down, and were not up to my personal standard. SO just more fixing up again


I was feeling good about it, because this was the day I heard Monty passed and everyone was saying just do something creative and here I was.


I stayed in this shit for twenty fucking minutes, just walking around my dorm so comfortable with this extra two pounds on my head


Homes tucks from Daisho again gave me the idea, Magnets. I couldn't do strips or anything smaller but instead had to sew a 3 quarters thick magnet into the wig and then this giant block thing onto the headpiece.


I also had to put this toothy thing into the drapery so that it will stick into the wig effectively. I have to really dig it in, so that it does;t pull the wig down as well ( which happened). I had all these preparations and plans working so well in the test run


And still the outfit was pissing me off. No recognition again, was just looking for a regular notepad form earlier. But I learned from the trial and error that the headband needs some real digging into the wig to stay. And since the magnet in the wig is round, the head piece kept rotating upside down. SO just more magnets next time

BUT THIS TIME I WAS SMART AND MADE HANNAH HELP ME DOCUMENT



It seems ritual now that if I take off Notepad early and I'm still energized that I wear the makeup for the rest of the night

Through a night of panel jumping, werewolf card games and arguments, bonding, friends nearly crying, hearing about shitty people owing money, no food, and all out strange nonsense at a convention in general, the cherry on top was I almost get locked out trying to search for Hanna for my phone charger at 1 am before she leaves for the bus and I mistake this skinny guy in shorts taking a smoke in 1 degree weather instead of her. And my face is this

It's so ridiculous I just ask, CAN I TAKE A SELFIE MAN? SO I DID



Gorgeous Saturday. It never even ended. I had to pack like crazy and watch out for peoples shenanigans so I didn't get to sleep till 2 pm on sunday and then that final night
-RB out

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews