Friday, July 25, 2014

Cosplay Diary: Disney's The Rescuers, Translating animals into cosplay

So for Geek.Kon this year my wonderful bf and I are going to try our hands at cosplaying together. I know, this is new so it could go very well or I'll never want to cosplay with him again. But in the wake of  Anime Milwaukee and my wonderful Pyrrha cosplay, he rose to the occasion and helped me build a lot of it. Actually he helps me a lot in general when it comes to me roaming around in Cosplay. So I figured the time has come. We are in this one together!

To kick things off Bov(my bf) chose for us to do Cloudy With a Chance Of Meatballs(2, lets face it, those foodamls). But this blog post won't be focused on that, yes I'll get to the focus part soon. I decided we should do Miss Bianca and Bernard from the Rescuers.


So you see where our problems arise? As much as I love the characters I struggled with the creative freedom to do whatever the heck I wanted with these guys. All I knew for sure is that I wasn't going to do a furry suit(so many reasons) and I didn't want to do kigurumi's(I wanted to use some of that freedom :>)


But here is my biggest piece of inspiration. Its a little thing called Disney Bounding, which I have never done for obvious geographical reasons,(Also it is not to be confused with cosplaying as the link will explain) but I follow cosplayers and artist who have. Like Mr. Leo Camacho who's Disney Bound outfit for the Rescuers inspired what direction I wanted to take this cosplay. 


I found that I want to do something like this but you know, more cosplay like. I looked around for more pictures and found some elements that I did and did not like as much. 

Like big ears, that is a no for me, I will shoot myself in frustration and it would be difficult for Bov to wear them as well. But I love the white wig and hat that HoneyKyouya has going on in this picture :>
click on name for her da page
But this one uncredited picture has served as my biggest inspiration! (found it on this Forum)
Help me credit this artist!!!!
Now I'm behind on blogging so in reality I already bought my outfit(thrift stores!) and I will probably post pics soon but I'm just waiting on the wig now. I also started the small Mouse ears and I will eventually start the tales since I don't think they'll be that much more of a hassle. 

How do you guys translate animals or non human characters to cosplay? I'd love to hear/see it! Leave comments and links!

So follow us on Facebook and Youtube and follow my own personal Facebook page! 

1 comment:

Pageviews