Thursday, January 8, 2015

DIY Bee and Puppycat- Bee's sweater!


So I'm sorry I didn't take progress photo's but I will use the pictures I took after the fact to do this tutorial!

I took this! 




And made it into this!


You need!

- One white Hanes comfort blend long sleeved sweater(I got mine at walmart) Its also says Soft Sweats with Ecosmart yarn. It cost less then $10
- The dye I bought was a small packet of Tulpic Fabric dye, but what ever you want to dye it with is A-Ok!
- You need three squares of felt, Black, White, And Yellow
- Yarn/needle for hand sewing, or machine, whatever works!
- Hot Glue or fabric Glue if you don't want to sew
Directions!

Step one!

Dye that sweater! Just follow the directions and soak less time then recommended. I removed it sooner than later so that the final color would not be a very dark or strong yellow.

Step two Add the Bee

Once the sweater is all dry its time to add the bee and the collar. 


Lets do the Bee first!



  • Out of the Yellow felt you only need a smallish circle(depending on how big you want it to be). I left a bit of an angle at one end to give the impression of a nose. 
  • From the Black Felt you need 2 or 3 strips as long as your circle and depending on how much space you have on your circle for the strips. You also need a small triangle and a small oval. You could add a mouth if you want. 
  • Also you need one small wing from the White felt!
  • I used yellow and black thread for this. 


1) Sew/handsew/glue the yellow circle leaving a generous circle of space between the stitch and the edge. 
2) Situate the white wing slightly on top of the yellow circleand sew/glue into place
3) Situate the black triangle at the yellow circle's rear end and underneath the space between the edge and the stitch. Sew/glue into place. 
4) Sew/Glue the small black oval into place.
5) Arrange and Sew/Glue the black Strips into place. 

Step 3 Add the Collar


-For this collar you will only need 4 total pieces of the same shape. This is a peter pan collar and you can look up different references for it. I suggest making the pattern on a piece of paper to figure out how big you want it to be. 
        *I actually folded a piece of white felt(Hot Dog Style) and cut the peter pan collar in a way that the straight top part is on top. The bottom part that has curved edges is on the bottom and the 2 pieces are slightly connected due to the hot dog style fold. 

1) Make your peter pan collar pattern. Decide how big it should be.
2) Cut out 4 pieces(* see that paragraph to make this easier) 
3) Fold the top of the collar over the collar of the yellow sweater and sew/glue into place. Repeat for the other collar. 

And there you have it. One Bee sweater!


See it on me in my awesome Bee Makeup tutorial!

Follow me on Facebook! Follow us on Pinterest! and Subscribe to me on Youtube!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews