Thursday, January 8, 2015

RB's motivation: notepad wig art kid improvise

So we started with this curly banged blonde wig bought at Daisho Con. Really good strategy: if you can't buy the wig needed for a cosplay try at the convention as in the past couple years vendors have realized they can make a lot of money off people impulse buying for the sake of raving, new con goers,  the dreaded almost finished debut, and some people feeling pretty kawaii at the time.

I didn't have time to deal with Arda because of school and giant gaping hole of a lack of funds so I put a lot of trust in daisho and was pretty happy for an improvised solution.


But I have studied my source material enough to know that I needed MUCH shorter bangs, as in half bangs and well as an almost undercut bob. Oh and colorful pastel madness

So that's what I did. Excuse poor kitchen lighting. My environment is not the best right now. First time cutting bangs, they're super uneven for sure but still lay pretty flat. And I took my time on them with my ghetto salon of two chairs, fishers scissors, and a plastic bag. Oh and Lillyhammer playing away on netflix


So here are some details of the color. Very subtle technique but hopefully the whiteness overall of the full outfit will make them appear more vibrant 


technique was literally taking used chalk pastels, prismacolor brand, from like this fucking semester at MIAD and running them through each strand and curl. I mixed up colors as well for some gradients. I used probably about 5-6 colors

Pretty much here, I got the 36 pack though. This is all I had and I got to wear down the pastels for almost a good month so I was very familiar with them. I actually reccommend the softer the better. If anything try sidewalk chalk as well as an experiment.
I for sure know since mine were pretty hard pastels that they will not rub off on my clothes or my hands. Once it's on the wig hair it's staining. So can't really reuse the wig for later things

Which is okay for me
-RB OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews