Sunday, July 6, 2014

RB'S motivation, 2014.

RB here and I guess this will be a yearly thing but the cosplay season has officially started for me now! I don't really get to go to conventions much anymore because of my commitment to my job and life complications but since I'm going to college I get a little bit more freedom. Like I only really have been able to go to geek.kon and once to comic con chicago in the last two years. So this season will be a whole new ride.

This time I'm prepping for
-possibly Comic Con Chicago
-Anime Milwaukee, seriously haven't been in 2 years it's weird
-Daisho, first time going;. no idea what to expect.

I'm always worried about money. Notably on spending it on things I want like souvenirs. But I'm going to try and enjoy myself bc geek.kon has been a lot of sacrifice sometimes in the past two years. And as the only con in two years it's a little sad.

BUT I LOVE COSPLAYING TOO MUCH. So here we go, the list so far to be spread between these three cons.
-update vanellope (mainly redo the licorice, and the leggings, and maybe add more candy barrets)


-RWBY (Ruby rose)
- Pearl (Steven Universe) (srsly look at how much stuff you can get just from forever 21. Love how much you can tell her design is a product of post 2012)

-Don't hug my I'm scared NOTEPAD (design by mookie000 on tumblr, love her so much)
-elsaba, (Elsa of FROZEN +Elphaba of WICKED) my own original design and alterations though (This is an example) (Definitely vibing the whole spider webs for the snowflake cape)

- And finally FLUTTERSHY, been planning her since like tenth grade.

Thinking of this so far
-Daisho (notepad +RWBY+Fluttershy) cuz november
-Comic con (Vanellope) one day, easy, disney for western con, not to hot in summer
- AMKE (Elsaba +Pearl) worried cuz it'll be in Wisconsin winter.....brr gloabl warming vortex plz not again
Things might switch around, new fandoms might appear but so far, I finally have might fluttershy sweater in my hands so I'm leaning towards it will happen. 

WHO KNOWS MAYBE I'LL LEARN TO WEAR CONTACTS, OMG
-RB out

Follow us on Pinterst, Facebook, and Twitter!

2 comments:

  1. Could you maybe post a link to that shirt/other accessories for the Pearl cosplay? I'm looking to do a budget Pearl costume for Halloween and that shirt is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sure, I actually went to a shop called Body Central for mine. I can't seem to find it without it linking back to this blog, sorry! But it is not a hard pattern to find though, I say get creative on augmenting some clothing and go from there really

    ReplyDelete

Pageviews