Wednesday, March 11, 2015

RB's motivation: FINAL THINGS FINALLY (PUPPY CAT)

So Daisho was where I debuted Puppycat and he has been my go to casual cosplay since. He was a surprise hit there and I just love him quite a bit. But for sure at Daisho I kept thinking, I don't have the right ears, or even a tail this is not right at all.

So with the new handy dandy sewing machine that got fixed. I used the old pattern of the ears Lulu game me, some brown fabric loaned to me by my roommate Shawna from her old art project (like flannel but thicker, try the material used for moccasins that's like dried animal hide)  , as well as the pink fabric the bell originally came from. Also clips bought from Walgreens and hotglue


Tail was really simple, same brown fabric as well as the flannel I never got to use to make the jacket originally. And  belt that is useless on a dress I own but has found new purpose just for this

Just basically rectangle sewn together, turned inside out, then a brown open rectangle sewn together then turned inside out and put on the tail portion. I rather hogtie the top then sew it on to get a nice crisp line. As well as a thing to attach it to the belt 


I tested the ears on my roommate first for adjustments. She wanted to know what i was doing here so i let her know


Here was the final look


As well as all the Sunday selfies. I really liked the way the lighting made my eyes look weird here so I went with it. Also new method for the eyebrows, clear brush on eye lash glue. It's made to be gentle so it's a real clean break off for clean up later. No pain and no weird residue


Also this was running on no sleep me, waiting outside a coffee shop


I got ignored by a Bee cosplayer sitting here, I asked for a picture, I told her I was puppy cat, she kept walking......like she was gonna find another one at all on a sunday of the con. GOOD LUCK GIRLY YOURE GONNA NEED IT


Good thing I have my Bee (lulu) 


Till the season starts once again/ I have a job and income/ schools not crazy/ we can fix things up again
-RB out!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews