Wednesday, March 11, 2015

RBs motivation: Itty bitty ruby rose details that give me anxiety still

So I felt okay about my ruby rose at Daisho, i was one of the few there surprisingly BUT the one thing that constantly bothered me was my fucking belt. It was incomplete and IT KEPT DOING THIS SHIT ON ME


I really wanted it to just stay like this, like in the show but it didn't so I figured out a way to try and replicate that effect.


VELCRO (stick on precisely) Just stick some on the belt as well as the waist cincher and there we go. Work to comfortable level and use amount to desire though 


Also her pack. I had had this idea for a while but only got around to it two weeks before AMKE. Old pencil box here

 Now cut into pieces. I only need the button part so ic ut off the bottom of the pink. 

 But I also need the bottom and the top of the clear part, so I cut out the middle. Here we are snug as a bug. But there is also the scare of the top flying off so pully system

hot glue string parts to clear and pink part so when I open the top it catches and I can remember to push it down immediately.


Spray painted it, and attitude it with hot glue and more velcro that way when packing away I can detach it easily. Same went for the flower


NOTE; I only had an art store to go to with nice fancy spray paint so IT SUCKS for actual props. For a silver color, use a PRIMER because it sticks and that's what it's made for. Plus that's probably CHEAPER. Go to the hardware store for spray paint, never art stores

So last i was really upset about was I didn't have bullets so i ordered some online. They are plastic toys


So they are light weight, but really cool was they were detachable so I could take out the excess easilly



As well as be able to spray paint them individually. Now again, MY STUFF WAS SHIT for what I needed to do. So I had a hard time, waiting for the stuff to dry as well as later that night trying to fit them back into their carrier


I had to shove them back in. The spray paint again made a second skin too thick for the carrier and it flaked all off. I had to go in and just repaint while the shit was in the carrier, exactly what I wanted to avoid. But it looked okay for the con, no one called it out. Plus now I didn't have to worry about them falling out


As soon as I got them attached my worries melted away for a good while. It was the very last thing for the whole convention and I was just ecstatic. Two straight weeks of just cosplay work had finally paid off. There was school but yeah I was a little free finally



Also nice selfies. Emma did my makeup! For no reason! She was a cosplay mother that day



And here was our group for the RWBY meet up which I thought was AMAZING. 



Emmie was having some serious sensory and fandom uncomfortable overload but I was real happy we got this nice little ladybug selfie in.
-RB out




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews