Wednesday, March 11, 2015

RB's motivation: Elsaba hair, tease and braid for your life

Alright so Elsa's fucking hair was the part I was most excited about, and probably the most tricky part for sure

SO this was my loose french braid, okay but no volume or length at all

So I needed assistance of hair extensions on my side. I could only get 14 inch for my budget at the time, for anyone that can actually afford always go for the 20 inch or longer. The pack I got provided quite a few/ lot more than I needed so yeah. Don't forget to buy your clips to sew in as well!


So here's my hair when I started, it's pretty voluminous, wavy and damaged so yeah, start with that and build onto it 


I have grown out bangs so this is super idea for this tutorial/process. Tie them away with a clip or hair tie first.
Put in your extensions by how many layers you want. I parted my long hair into two layers with the first set of hair extensions on the bottom, like under all my hair completely, then one extension layer above the bottom layer of hair. Then brush and blend together. Then start french braiding, or get your friend to do so. 


I know how to myself and none of my roommates want to do this for me. Once you got your braid, stretch out parts to get more volume. 


Now the fun part is hairspring all your bangs back. I used a mix of freezing spray and got to be hair gel. I was really obsessed with eh concept art work

And I was really into trying to get actual frozen spikes but I just didn't have enough volume in test runs



Really loved the side braid when it was working though, I was really stressed out and couldn't fully tell when it was working or not. Just more of lie, okay i know the process now, I think I'm done for the night


Also I was kind of just blind spraying to make certain ends stay down


First time testing out the green makeup. This is the shitty party city stuff. Their quality depends on color, greens are always the most concentrated I feel, just green straight out of a tube is always gonna be super pigmented so I used barely any and it STAINED ME. Like I was stained for days after the convention. That's cuz that shit is oil based go damn. But I knew I had to out it under the sleeves because it looked like a very weird transition without it

But good thing Homestucks educated me about SNAZAROO water based face paint that stays on so good, seals well, and DOES NOT STAIN YOUR SKIN



On the day of I was putting on makeup for probably a good hour or so, being green. It was a weird feeling literally, like the makeup was a very strange sensation when sealed. Like I didn't feel anything but other people felt my hands and they felt very very weird they said. I used the oil based on my chest, arms, back, and hands just to try and get full coverage but it was layered so thick that I actually almost got stuck putting on my costume from the tight sleeves, as well as the second skin forming from my stupidness


I was pretty pleased that day with the hair


I never got to do a makeup TEST so that was a fun experiment in stress, con day of.


But look at all these beautiful selfies during a not very interesting panel 





I was trying to document and their faces just couldn't resist phtotbombing. Overall I had a really stressful friday night but atleast I felt fabulous and will say I will wear it again for sure 

shitty picture on my phone at the end of the night (1-3 am is)

MAYBE I CAN TRY A MORE WESTERN CON, SAY COMIC CON CHICAGO HMM??
hmmmm??? -RB out




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews