Saturday, May 11, 2013

OnceLer cosplay analysis


 
Lulu's been on all our cases to make one of these, and I wasn't really sure what the heck I was supposed to do. So here I am winging it :D I decided to start with my OnceLer cosplay... ->
   For starters, my pants. The prime of my cosplay and probably the most difficult part of it because I made it from scratch. The convenient thing about my situation is that I had brother's to steal from. :) I took they're old jeans that they don't where anymore and cut them into stripes like so and alined them so the pattern matched on each leg. The difficult part about this was the actual sewing, denim is not a friend... Which is probably why they have a large hole in them now.:/ Another issue on my pants is that they're blue, I realize now that his pants are actually grey, but I put too much effort into my first attempt not to use them!!

   Then there was a matter of everything else that accessorizes my pants. The shirt and vest were store bought, thrift stores are your bff! Same with the base of the hat, we bought that at Wal-mart for my brother, when I saw him abusing it I took it and made it into the hat you see now, just some duct-tape around the rim to make it legit, though sewing a scrap piece of black fabric would be more suggestible. 
    Lastly the gloves, also a fairly good project, also ending in complete failure. Please note, do not spray paint any fabric that resembles plastic. No, just don't spray paint fabric, this ended in disaster with my ninja shoes as well. Anyways I was blond and didn't learn my lesson the first time so went with it and they looked nice for a while, then they started sticking together and well...
Shit hit the fan bro... 
So that's my spiel on how I nailed it all first try *sarcasm sarcasm* I hoped you learned something from all that, if you did, I succeeded. If you didn't... well I tried. 
-With love from Diva<3 
  

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews