Sunday, March 10, 2013

Editing your own photo shoot pictures confession.

Editing your own cosplay photo shoot pictures confession!

To go on this journey with me you will need
  • a google account, preferably.
  • many pictures
  • patience. 
So lets get some back ground info going here. Stupidity Reigns Productions has their own google account which allows us to have gmail and google plus and a linked youtube account to it. Once upon a time I would use picknic to edit our pictures but when picknic retired it was absorbed into google. So now when you have a google plus account you can access your own pictures and you have an edit option. The edit option gives you the picknic editing options that once existed on a separate site. Now they aren't the best thing in the world but they work pretty well for a diy editing job for your cosplay group. I especially use it to add a water mark sort of thing with pictures that make it onto deviantart.



So now its time to walk you threw my own method of editing pictures for a group photo shoot. This will save you time and a lot stress. 
  1. Honestly go through all the pictures and delete all the blurry or seriously unflattering pictures. Lets face it, we don't need to consider these to represent our selves or a group. 
  2. Pick out the best. Pick the best pictures you took and or your group took. Rename these to help you come back to them. Try to limit a person at at least 2 good pictures, but if they have more go for it, just keep it under ten to a person. Everyone in a group should have at least one shot that is edited.
  3. Example Time! 

This is one picture I thought R.B. Simms took very well and it will be edited and go on our Deviantart account.


So observe the picture. My requirements are 
  • In focus
  • Good facial expression
  • Good overall shot.
  • Interesting and makes you want to keep looking
Now here is my edited version. 
  •  I did the autofix which is good way to start.
  •  I added some effects, aged picture/soften. 
  • Then I used the blemish/airbrush effects. 
  • Then I added the S.R.P. name at the bottom. 
Lesson to take away from this isn't so clear yet is it. 
So a group will obviously end up with many pictures, do NOT feel obligated to edit every single one of them! Pick a few really good ones and maybe a few to use as a group, leave the rest for their individual use. 
And as for the editing, this is a pretty good way to edit for free. I really recommend this to people. It is really fun to mess around with a lot of the effects to spruce up old pictures. 

Make sure to watch the video I made. I think I went more in depth and show somethings i didn't mention in here. 
Make sure to subscribe!







Other recently edited pictures, originals will be posted later.














Check out our Our Deviantart Account for more examples of my editing skills.... hehe... or not...

~Lulu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews